www.conleyphysicaltherapy.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Teaching at Emory University Orthopedic Residency


This weekend I had the pleasure of teaching for Emory University Doctor of Physical Therapy's Orthopedic Residency Program.   I love giving back to the physical therapy community and I always learn something in return!  Zach and Sam are very sharp and have a wonderful career ahead of them!  I look forward to watching them continue to grow and succeed in their career! 

I taught about evaluating and treating knee conditions along with a very detailed anatomy and functional anatomy lecture.   The biggest clinical pearl to come out of the day was the coordination of core, hip and knee muscles during weight bearing exercises!  If we strengthen and train these muscles independently, it simply won't carry over into function and performance.   Contact me at Conley Physical Therapy in Decatur, Georgia for help!   http://www.conleyphysicaltherapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment